I'll start with the sad news, so we can end with happy thoughts. Darren's grandfather passed away on June 24. He passed early in the morning in his sleep. He was 87 years old. Granddaddy has been having a lot of health issues and has been in and out of hospices for some time. However, he's been at home for a little while now and that is where he was when he passed away. Darren, Raileigh, and I, along with Darren's two brother, Kevin and Jesse, and Jesse's girlfriend, Katie, went to Granny and Granddaddy's for Father's Day. That was the last time we saw him. He was an amazing man. I see a lot of him in Darren- his wit, his loving heart, his generous spirit. He was a firefighter for the city of Atlanta for 25 years. He was also a soldier in the Army, a Mason, the commander of the American Legion in Snellville, and the oldest surviving sibling of his 7 brothers and sisters.
I've been enjoying watching all of the flowers bloom and the new birds that have been visitng my yard. Lately, the regular bluebirds and bluejays have been hanging around the tree in the front yard. I've also seen some Eastern Kingbirds and White Breasted Nuthatch. Here's some of what is blooming in my yard:









A few weeks ago, my sister brought my niece, Marlee, over to hang out for a bit while she worked. Of course, I HAD to take Marlee and Raileigh out to Raileigh's baby pool! Here are a few pictures form that afternoon:



A few days ago, Linda (known in the letterboxing world as Mama Wolf), came to town for a letterboxing event. Darren and I hadn't planned on attending, but when my mom offered to buy us dinner (the event was at a Taco Mac) so we could take Raileigh to meet Linda, we went. I think Mama Wolf enjoyed carting around a baby girl after being surrounded by her three boys all the time! And, I want to add that Taco Mac has very good chicken nachos. Here's Mama Wolf and Raileigh:

Also a few days ago, I FINALLY got to meet Mandy (known as Geometry Junkie to the letterboxing world) and her wonderful family! We met Mandy, her husband, and their 3 sons, and Mandy's sister, her husband, and their 4 daughters. We had such a great time! Darren got into a game of Phase 10 with the guys, while Mandy, her sister, and I played a game I'd never played before called "Do Over". It was a cool game. I was especially excited to meet Mandy because she has a son, Titus, who is exactly one month older than Raileigh. They kind of looked at each other and touched each other on the head for a few minutes, but they didn't seem too impressed. They did like to fight over mine and Mandy's laps :) Raileigh stayed up through the entire show this time, which amazed me since she pretty much hadn't napped at all that day! Ty slept through the show, fireworks included! It was so nice to finally meet someone I feel like I already know well from letterboxing and facebook! Here's a few pictures from us hanging out before the laser show:


So, I have been on a huge sewing kick lately. I'm really trying hard to find a way to earn income while being at home. Last night, I made Raileigh a tutu.


Tonight, I made her a dress to wear to Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-a this coming Friday. I know it looks more dalmatian print than cow print, but I'm choosing to call it baby cow print.

Let's see what else... I'm reading a book about the perfect games in baseball, which I am going to follow by either a book about the history of Moon Pies ar a book that details the last days in deceased celebrities lives. I have lost a little weight lately and bought pants TWO sizes smaller than the ones I got after Raileigh was born. I'm still not back to pre-pregnancy pants, but we're working on it. Darren thinks I've lost the weight because of all the feverish house cleaning I've been doing lately and I think he may be right!
Raileigh has two teefers and is working on five or six more. Two more on the bottom and three or four on the top are looking really close to coming in. She LOVES watermelon! I've also been giving her the YoBaby yogurt, which she also loves. I really think we'll have a walker on our hands soon. She understands to take turns moving her feet and can "walk" if she is holding on to something.
Well, I think that's it, though I'm sure it's not. So, I'll be back the 10th! OH! Darren will be turning 25 on July 8, so we'll be celebrating his birthday in Florida :)






Hey, I made it into your blog!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a bunch of CUTE baby photos!
Mama Wolf
Where in Florida will you be?
ReplyDeleteDo you have a shop on Etsy for your sewing? The cow print dress is too adorable!
ReplyDeleteHey Desi, it's Tamisha.
ReplyDeleteI am very sorry to hear about Darren's grandfather - he sounded like a good man.
Raileigh is precious and getting huge! When we have a little one I'll have to get you to make some clothes - they are adorable!
What a great summary, and super pics! I love the pool pics :-)
ReplyDeleteHave a great time on your vacation!