It's also been a week of changes as far as Raileigh goes. We turned her car seat around to face the front. She meets the height and weight requirements and is so close to a year, we decided to go ahead and turn it around. She LOVES it! We took her for a ride last night after we switched it to see how she'd like it and she just smiled the whole time. We've also began weaning her off of formula. We started yesterday mixing 25% whole milk, 75% formula. She's doing great with the mixture so far. On Saturday, I'm going to start mixing it 50/ 50. I tried to put it in a sippy cup as well and go ahead and wean the bottle while we're at it. I didn't have as much luck with that. We're going to try again in a few weeks when she's completely done with formula. I've also been giving her significantly less baby food and more table food. That is going really well. Sometimes, she'll push the first few bites out of her mouth because the texture is strange, but after that she'll eat it up.
It seems that Raileigh is over her first sickness! I think we may have had an incorrect diagnosis. I think she may have had rosiola. They're both a virus, though, so it's really not too big of a deal. Once she started feeling better, her skin got really dry and she got this funny rash over her whole torso. I went and read about rosiola and she had every symptom. The rash lasted about 4 days and went away.
I've also been sewing quite a bit. I tried 3 times this week to make bloomers, all from different patterns. I don't like any of them. They are more like shorts than bloomers. I was trying to make a black pair for the black dresses that I've made her. However, I remembered a skirt that never fit her that I had put in the consignment sale pile. It had black bloomers and the bloomers fit perfect. So, YAY, I don't have to keep making them! I also made her a halter top this week. I love it! It is a bit big for her right now, which I thought it would be. The tutorial was made for a child a bit bigger than Raileigh. I still like how it looks on her and she has lots of room to grow in it.

I know she has a funny look on her face, but I am quite proud that she is standing all by herself not holding on to anything!


I also made her this smock/ apron dress from a McCall's pattern. I bought the pattern a while ago and cut it out (before I knew of the wonderful freezer paper and tracing). I cut out a size small- that's newborn. Well, patterns run big as a rule, so I decided to go ahead and make it. Raileigh's in size 12-18 mos. right now... and the dress is still too big!! I really wonder who sizes patterns because they stink at it! Anyhow, I have another thing she can wear later, so no big deal really!



Today, I finished up a 3rd dress. It's another shirred dress using some fabric I got while we were down in Florida. I had to make the straps from black because I didn't have enough leftover fabric to make them the same as the dress. I like the colors, though, and I think she looks quite cute in it!


Here are a few more pictures of my girl from this week! She sure is growing up fast!



Don't forget to vote for Raileigh every day in the Chick-fil-a Facebook Photo Contest!






i think the black straps are perfect. and dresses like that (the oversized one) can always switch to shirts when she thins out.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the picture of her standing by herself. Is that a cell phone? She looks like she's trying to send a text. lol
ReplyDeleteI thought she was texting, too! Man, do they start young these days! lol!
ReplyDeleteThose things are waaaay too cute, my friend! I want you to blog about the freezer paper pattern thing...I'd sure like to know that secret!
I'll keep voting, too :-)
The halter top is my favorite. Very hip (does saying "hip" date me?).
ReplyDeleteThe toast picture is funny. Such personality!
S