I bought a shirt this week at the thrift store to make Raileigh a dress from. It is a men's shirt. I forgot to take a before shot of the shirt... oops! But, you can tell what the print is from the dress. I do not know ANY man who would wear this shirt. Hence, why it was most likely at the thrift store! But, I thought it would make a really cute little girly dress :) It made me think of a poem by
Bradley Hathaway called Manly Man because it's so NOT a manly shirt! Anyhow, here's the dress.





I am very pleased with the overall product. It took a while to get here. I had to resize it 3 times because it was initially HUGE. It wound up being pretty snug and shorter than I would like. Oh well- guess she'll just have to wear it really soon!
My snapdragons also just started blooming! I'm quite proud of them because I grew them from seeds. They are multi-colored, but only a pretty bright pink has bloomed so far. I love the vibrant color!
That shirt must have been a Father's Day gift! Can you imagine the tie that went with it?? hahaha!
ReplyDeleteGreat little dress...you'd better have her wear it a lot; at the rate she is growing...she won't be able to wear it for long! :-)
Beautiful flowers! I wish I had a green thumb... :( You are so craft with all of her little dresses!
ReplyDeletethe good thing is, it may work out as a shirt later. So it may be no big deal that it is a little short.
ReplyDeleteI love that it's short so we can see her cute little thighs.
ReplyDeleteThat dress turned out really cute!! I love it!
ReplyDeleteThe Wolf Family
Have you ever done any of the pillowcase dresses?
ReplyDeleteS
I haven't done any pillowcase dresses... she has one Darren's cousin made, but it's still too big... Do you know of a good tutorial for them ?
ReplyDelete