Monday, July 20, 2009

Stone Mountain Picnic

We also had a wonderful time enjoying the weather on Saturday evening. I wanted to go to Stone Mtn. to pick-up some fabric a lady was giving away on Freecycle, so we decided to take a picnic to Stone Mountain Park. The playground picnic areas were packed with a birthday party, so we headed over to the picnic areas near the songbird trail, which are never crowded.

I decided to make Raileigh a picnic dinner just like we were having, only in smaller size. So, she had a muenster and roast beef sandwich, tomato slices, a pickle spear, and baby goldfish crackers. The tomato slices were fresh from Rex's garden, and were delicious! Much to my surprise, she ate it all!! I was (and still am), so excited about this! I never had that much success with table food when we tried it before, but it looks like she's more ready for it now. It is messy, and pretty much requires an outfit change after every meal, regardless of how big of a bib she has on!







After eating, the playground was still packed and the lawn was too full to find a spot for the laser show, so we decided to stop her by a playground on the way home. We stopped at Yellow River Park, which we hadn't been to since they were building it several years ago. The playground wasn't huge and high-tech like the ones they're building now, but it had baby swings and small slides, so we were good :)





1 comment:

  1. What a dolly! I had a dolly like that...thanks for reminding me :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Lil Blue Boo?
 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.