Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Today was better than Yesterday

Well, I do not like teething. Of course, Raileigh looks adorable with her few little teefers when she flashes a grin. But, the grumpiness and fussiness and upset tummies and not sleeping good just stinks. She's gotten three teeth so far. Her bottom two came a little while back. The first top one broke through July 10. But, this second top one sure is being stubborn. And, I've seen the most side effects with it. Every day, I think it will have broken through, but not yet.

Yesterday, Raileigh napped MAYBE 45 minutes all day. She had multiple tummy aches. She'd just crawl around the room, stop, and cry. Then, she'd crawl somewhere else, stop, and cry. If you know Raileigh, you know that's weird for her. Very weird. I think that's the first time anything like that has ever happened. Well, needless to say that while I felt bad for her, I was looking extremely forward to bedtime... which did not come soon enough! She did not fall asleep until 1130p! Ugh! Then, she decided she wanted to get up at 3am. So, after trying to get her back to sleep, we just let her sleep with us. She slept peacefully beside me until almost 9am.

Now, I'm somewhat hesitant to even say things like this on here. Today, I read a blog written by someone I went to high school with, Amanda. Here's a quote from it: "I’m not sure if, at 23, my age has anything to do with the unsolicited advice and abrasive questioning I sometimes receive, but it sure can do a number on my confidence as a mother." I couldn't agree more with that. It makes me think twice about sharing problems and frustrations with anyone besides Darren. But, I really don't think that anyone taking the time to read this would do that... I hope. I just needed to share and vent and I think that Amanda really did a good job of putting the "competitive mommies" into perspective. Read the rest of her guest blog entry here: http://www.momversation.com/blog.

Back to the Raileigh saga. Today went much better. I'm getting ready to launch my etsy store and today was spent doing MUCHO fabric cutting. I also cut several dresses for Raileigh. Raileigh was amazing all day. She pretty much played by herself, occasionally glanced at whatever movie I had on the screen, and was pleasant and happy. She really wanted to play with the tomato pin cushion and liked to sit on whatever fabric I was cutting... I guess that's what I get for cutting on the floor :) I gave her pumpkin for the first time today and she scarfed the entire 4 oz. jar up in about 2 minutes. I think I'll be buying more pumpkin!

I cooked a boston butt in the crock pot to make bbq with tonight. I took it out to cool because it burns our fingers if you try to pull it before it cools. We got ready to zap it in the microwave since it was cold and there were at least 200 ants crawling around inside. EEEWWW! Our house was infested when we got home from Florida on Friday. They were all over the kitchen and dining room. We sprayed everywhere that night. I kept seeing the occasional ant since then, but I thought they were just stragglers or still randomly wandering in from outside. I guess I was wrong. Well, by the time we sprayed the microwave (and got spray on our fries), we just put the bbq in the fridge and went and got some free roast beef sandwiches at Arby's.

Well, I am off to sew. I'm going to attempt my first pair of bloomers tonight. I found a pattern online but couldn't get it to print the right size, so I kinda made my own. I'm not sure how it's going to look, so I guess we'll just have to see!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR RAILEIGH IN THE CHICK-FIL-A PHOTO CONTEST!! It's now through August 31. You can vote once a day. PLEASE tell your friends! Once you click the link, search by name for Desiree and this picture will pop up:

http://www.facebook.com/ChickfilA?v=app_99369078187
THANKS!!

1 comment:

  1. This old mom loves to hear that you were able to comfort your little one according to her needs and not according to a book. Kudos!

    Thanks for your sweet note today. I appreciate it.

    By the way, I voted. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Lil Blue Boo?
 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.