Thursday, July 23, 2009

Aloha Little Corsair- Two New Dresses for Raileigh

Lately, I have been devoting all of my creative energy to sewing things for Raileigh. Mostly, I've been sewing dresses. The first dress I made her was the cow print dress for Cow Appreciation Day, which I am sure you have all seen by now. I learned a lot when making that dress and I'm continuing to learn a lot with each dress I make.

The 2nd dress I've made is a pirate dress. Overall, I am pleased with the results. However, I smocked it on a narrow stitch and the end result was a wider dress. It works just fine because it ties at the top, but I'll know for next time to pay closer attention to my stitch width.

DISCLAIMER: These are the best pictures I have of her modeling the dress. Mind you, she has been sick and besides that, it's just hard to keep a 10 month old still long enough to model anytime!





The third dress I made is by favorite, by far. I picked this fabric up at Joann's when we were visiting Darren's Aunt Lynn in Florida. I was all set to add ribbon ties to this dress as well, but the brown ribbon I had clashed with the brown in the dress. So, I whipped up these little straps. They aren't adjustable like the ribbon, but that's okay, because they fit her perfectly! There's a little elastic in them to add a ruffle-like look. I think I'll be making future straps like these because I really like how they look on Raileigh!






So, I've been really enjoying these sewing projects! I was thinking of opening an etsy shop, but I really like everything I'm making and want to keep it for Raileigh! :) I'm going to be trying some new dress styles soon- we'll see what happens!

4 comments:

  1. oh yeah...those are absolutely the cutest! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're soooooooo talented! I love the dresses. I think dresses are the main reasons I was hoping for a girl. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dresses are beautiful and the model is just soooo cute!! :)

    The Wolf Family

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Lil Blue Boo?
 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.