Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I have a walker!!

Yes, Raileigh is walking! She can take 20+ steps before falling down. I think she falls after that because she just gets so excited. She is really enjoying walking. Her face just lights up like she's giddy.

I knew this day was coming really soon, so I've been making my best effort to make her wear shoes when we leave the house. The first day we left in shoes, we lost one :( We went in the new Brandsmart at the Mall of Georgia. We just basically did a lap around the store and left. When we got back to the car, one shoe was missing. Darren went back in and retraced our steps twice. No shoe. So, he asked at Customer Service. No Shoe. I was back out that way with Raileigh and my sister, Jesse, a few days later, so Jesse went in to see if anyone had turned the shoe in. They had!! I was so excited!

We also got her some crocs a few days ago and she loves them! They're little Mary Jane crocs. When we tried to take them off of her, she cried. So, since then, she's pretty much been wearing them or playing with them.

It has been such a busy few weeks. I worked at Kidsignments, the huge consignment sale at the fairgrounds. I really loved working there. I got Raileigh some really cute clothes and the prices were great! We also got her a lot of new toys. We got her a baby piano that looks like a dinosaur, which she likes to try and stand on top of. We got her a sit and spin, which she has decided is a stand and spin. But, she loves it. She'll press the music, stand on it, and dance. It's adorable! We also got her some tunnels. They're nylon and she can crawl around in them. It took her a while to warm up to them, but now she's really enjoying them.

Two days after Kidsignments ended, I started at another sale. It was called All4Kids and was held at our old church. It was okay. They did have a great register system. I also liked that we picked up our check when we picked up our unsold items (as opposed to having to wait a month). However, I highly prefer Kidsignments. The turnout at All4Kids was low. I couldn't believe how few people showed up!

So, now that consignments are over, I've turned my attention to Raileigh's birthday. Oh my gosh how time flies. I really cannot believe my baby is turning one. The theme we decided on is Little Miss Sunshine (it's a book by Roger Hargreaves). I knew I wanted to make her a tutu and I looked everywhere for a Little Miss Sunshine shirt. I couldn't find one. So, I'd decided I was going to have to make one. Then, I lucked up and found one at one of the consignment sales for $1.25! We're going to have ice cream sundaes, cakes that look like giant cupcakes (granted they turn out okay when I bake them), and lots of fun lawn and outside games to play. I am so excited about her party!

I hope this wonderful weather carries over to party day (September 12). I love it! Yesterday, we took Raileigh to Stone Mountain. It was actually chilly! We enjoyed a yummy picnic and let her play on the playground. Most of the pictures I took are action shots because I'm just so proud of how she's walking. Darren posted a video of her walking on the playground on his facebook page- it is the cutest!








Here's a few more recent pictures of her. I haven't been so good about taking pictures lately because we've been so busy!




I think my flowers and tomatoes are nearing their end for the season. The snapdragons and petunias that I have in a pot are still blooming, as is the lantana. But, it appears to be tapering off. I did have one zinnia bloom as well.







I have been sewing, but very, very little. And, I have no pictures of it. I made Raileigh a little kimono top. I need to do one size bigger because it's snug. I also did an I spy blanket for a swap on Craftster. I'm working on some monkey spats (they look like PJ pants) off a pattern I bought on etsy. We have a problem getting pajamas for Raileigh. She needs a different size top than bottom, and if the bottoms fit in the waist, they're too long. So, I thought I'd make her some pajama pants. The first trial run pair look too snug through the thighs. So, I think I'm going to have to alter the pattern a bit.

I can't think of anything else right now. The CFA contest is over, so no need to go vote. I'll let you know when we know if she placed or not.

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! I remember the just beginning to walk days with my own children. Busy but happy days. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Lil Blue Boo?
 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.