Today, Raileigh and I watched a Veggie Tales movie, Madame Blueberry. That was after a glorious 2 1/2 hour nap! Anyhow, Raileigh had crawled over to the VCR and turned it on- she's gotten quite good at that. I asked her if she wanted to watch a movie and told her to go pick one out. Not that I expected anything, I just talk to her like that all the time. Well, she crawled over to the video stand where her movies are and sat there for a minute. She then pointed out her finger and touched Madame Blueberry. I was pretty blown away. I'm not 100% sure if she totally understood what was going on, but I'm going with that she did. Needless to say, we watched Madame Blueberry!
I don't think it was one I've seen before. We picked it up at Kidsignments for 50 cents a few weeks ago. Raileigh mostly likes the music, but it had such a good message, one that was good for me to hear. I think we often focus on things we don't have and things we desire and forget to be thankful for all the good things we have. I know I do that.
So, I wanted to take a minute to think about some of the things I am thankful for. A wonderful and loving husband who tries hard and does his very best to care for Raileigh and I and loves me unconditionally, A beautiful (inside and out) and healthy daughter who fills a part of my heart I didn't even know was there, great parents (both mine and Darren's) who are always there for us and help us out however they can, Darren's job- though I hate his work environment and many things about it, I am thankful he has a source of income that allows me to stay home with Raileigh, a house we can afford to live in- our housing situation is a total answer to prayer!... I could keep going- for a long time, but those are just a few things I thought of off the top of my head.
A line that they said several times in the movie is "A happy heart is a thankful heart". So true.
Gallery.
3 years ago






It's so important to recognize these moments. I am very thankful too. :)
ReplyDelete