Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, Raileigh Jahzmyne!

So, I am aware it's been a whole FIVE days since she turned a year old. I am finally getting around to posting pictures and all about the wonderfulness that surrounded her first birthday!

Well, we had planned an outside activity for her actual birthday day, but saw the night before it was supposed to rain. And it did. So, we started off the day at Chick-fil-A and got Raileigh a cinnamon cluster for breakfast (not an every day thing- just a birthday treat).



We then headed to Imaginations at Play for some indoor playtime. That is such a neat place! They have different themed areas set up for kids to play in- a sand area, music, grocery shopping, grilling out, a sound stage, a vets office, a water table, and a baby area. We hung out in the baby area mostly. Raileigh was a bit too little to appreciate a lot of the place. However, the baby area had tunnels, balls, rocking toys, books, and all sorts of other things for her to do. She also played a little in the water table and with some of the play food in the grocery store area, and she loved just walking around. I think we'll take her back in about 6 months and she'll really love it.







We ate a picnic lunch at Imaginations at Play, then headed off to walk around the mall. Raileigh needed a nap and just to rest, so we strolled while she did got some zzzz's. After she napped, we took her by to meet Mildred, a friend who works at the Show Pro's Office at the arena. Raileigh had a good time walking and showing off for her. Next stop, Toys R Us. Raileigh is in their birthday club. That means on (or around) her birthday, if you take her in, they'll give her a big balloon, a birthday crown and make an announcement that it's her birthday. They also sent us some really great coupons in the mail.

By this point, the headache I'd had all day was pounding. It was getting close to dinner, but I felt awful. So, we headed home, I took some Excedrin, and Raileigh and I laid down for about an hour. After we woke up, the medicine had kicked in and we headed for dinner. We took her to a nearby Japanese restaurant. We knew she'd love the show they put on, plus Raileigh loves her veggies and rice. She had a blast! She was mesmerized by the cooks and she ate so many veggies I thought she was going to pop!

Overall, it was a very fun day. For her birthday, we got her a mini recliner. It is just about the cutest little thing I've ever seen! I found it at a consignment sale at our church last week for $15! It's leather and looks brand new, so I was quite excited.




Party Day!! This had to of been one of the most fun birthdays ever. I am sure I'm biased, but I really did have a blast. We had an afternoon party at our house and invited about a gazillion people. It the midst of it all, I forgot a few things-- to take a picture of Raileigh's cake by itself, to take a picture of the other cakes at all, and to put her in her tutu. I do have pictures of her in her tutu trying it on, and I o have a picture of the cake just out of the oven, unassembled and uniced.





The cakes turned out VERY yummy. I used the Wilton Dimensions Giant Cupcake pan and it was fabulous. I would recommend it, though there is a bit of a learning curve with it. The bottom needs to bake longer than the top (and the top and bottom of the cupcake are in one cake pan) and there is only a recipe for a pound cake on the little paper insert that comes with the pan (which mine didn't have), so you have to figure it out for other cake mixes. It helped me to read all the reviews on Amazon before I started because a lot of people posted what worked for them on there.

Anyhow, on to the party. We had out some watermelon and goldfish (two of Raileigh's favorite snacks) and drinks. Everyone socialized and the kids played until present opening time. She got SO many presents! Seriously, we have some put away in the closet there were so many. We're going to give them to her gradually so she's not so overwhelmed. A few of the things she got were: a princess riding car, a drum and other instruments, a table and chairs, a ball pit, lots of books and clothes, some leapfrog fridge sets (farm animals and letters), shape sorters, a ball popper, punching bag penguin, wooden puzzles, a doll stroller walker, a pink pony rocking horse, Bruster's and Best Buy gift cards, a stuffed puppy that helps teach body parts, colors, etc., bath toys, fake car keys, DVD's... that's what I remember off the top of my head and I'm sure there was more. There were really a ton of presents.





Next, it was time for cake. She was so cute and made a big mess! She didn't really eat the cake part, but she sure did LOVE the icing!











She was such a sticky mess when the party was finished! She was so exhausted, too. Here's a few more various pictures from the party. My baby girl is growing so fast, but I really am proud of the little lady she is!

Anakin, Rachael and Dennis' son



Marlee channeling Jimmy Neutron

Raileigh and my Dad, "Pops"

The banner I made that I remembered to take a picture of as we were taking it down

Marlee and her new purple pony

Mom and Marlee

Ethan, Jennifer and Jimmy's son

Naomi, Erica's youngest daughter

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! How in the world are you going to get better than that next year?? Wow!

    Happy Birthday, Raileigh! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Happy birthday, little one!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Lil Blue Boo?
 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.