Friday, August 14, 2009

Promised Pictures

So, here are all the pictures I promised. I forgot something, too. Raileigh now has six teeth- 2 on the bottom and 4 on the top.

These are from when I took Raileigh to Grayson City Park a little over a week ago. It was so packed! We had to wait to use the swings. While we ate snack, I people watched. I think it's funny the mom's who wear a white skirt to the park. White skirts and playgrounds just don't go together to me. And, the little girls are running around in Sunday dresses. Oh well I guess. Different strokes for different folks... as I was typing that I thought "I'd never say that out loud", but it sounds okay typed...hmmmm... anyhow, the pictures (and yes, she is in the swing backwards because of the way the sun was shining):





Last Friday, my niece, Marlee, hung outh with Raileigh and I while my sister, Lindsey, worked. Marlee is growing up so fast, too! She's 6 weeks younger than Raileigh. She crawls really well now. She has the cutest little smile. For a while, Raileigh and Marlee were crawling around kissing each other!








Raileigh stood herself in Marlee's bumbo... not safe, I know, but I thought it was kind of cool she figured out how to




On Saturday, we took Raileigh on an adventure to try and get a good picture for her birthday invitations. Our first stop was Watson Mill Bridge State Park. While the bridge was amazing and the scenery beautiful, the grass around the bridge was pretty tall and uncut. We didn't want to venture down and sit Raileigh in such tall bug-infested grass to take pictures. We did find some old canoes, though, that made a great picture taking spot.









It was seriously so hot this day. Miserably hot, really. After the canoes, we decided to head to our 2nd destination, The State Botanical Gardens. On the way, though, something caught Darren's eye. This really cool old firetruck was on public display (for lack of a better word)under a wooden shelter in Colbert, GA. We stopped and thought we could get some cute pictures of her here. Well, we tried, but I think she was ready for lunch, and thus, uncooperative.




Well, it was lunch time after this. We finally found the two picnic tables at the gardens after driving around for about 15 minutes looking for them- which is SO long when you are hungry and so is your baby. Anyhow, lunch was delicous. I told Darren I think it was the most yummy picnic ever. Raileigh enjoyed it as well. She ate LOTS of fresh peaches, one of her favorite foods.



After lunch, we got her all dressed up in her new birthday tutu I made her and set off to take pictures... only to find that the big grassy areas were ALL closed for maintenance. WHAT?! First the grass at the bridge was all overgrown and then this grass is all roped off and closed? But, we did take some pictures on benches, I know ones in the grass would have turned out much better.





The flowers were beautiful though! Some I couldn't identify, but I do know there was so much lantana! I absolutley LOVE lantana. They had some that was a salmony-yellow mix that was just amazing.









Well, like I told you before, Raileigh turned 11 months on Tuesday. I really wanted to make molten chocolate cake, but I didn't have the ramekins to bake them in and didn't feel like buying them, so we had a patriotic funfetti cake. I'm pretty sure Raileigh knows what to do with a cake and she's going to have no problem digging in on her one year birthday!




Here are pictures of the snapdragons I mentioned, as well as the petunias. I think next year these may be the only two things I start from seeds because I have been so pleased with them. I think I'll just grow more colors of each next time. Sorry they are so dark- guess it was getting late when I took the pictures.




I have been sewing some lately, though not as much as I'd like. I made Raileigh a green halter dress that ties with a ribbon. It's my own (very simple) design. I didn't mean to make it as long as I did, but I actually really like the length. I know it is impractical, but oh well- I still love it! I've also sewn another dress of my own design, I'm just waiting to be taught to put a zipper in it :) I made her a little skirt that I need to put the pocket on and I have several shirts cut out right now. So, when I get some time (haha), she'll have some more clothes :)


3 comments:

  1. That green dress is adorable, and I love the length! I bet she gets lots of hugs just because she is so darn cute!
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pics are great! I especially like the sepia ones in the canoe! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for all the updates, Desi!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Lil Blue Boo?
 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.