I had such a great afternoon with my girl today! We started by heading to the library because a book I've been waiting on finally came in!
Kanzashi in Bloom teaches you how to make flowers from fabric. I discovered this art form when trying to figure out how to embellish a black dress I'm making for Raileigh. The projects and flowers in this book are amazing! It combines origami (which I enjoy) with sewing (which I also enjoy), so I'm pretty sure this book will be awesome. I also had to stop by the HobLob for some smaller elastic since I made the elastic casing on Raileigh's new dress a little small... oops!
We then headed to the big rock aka Stone Mountain. Our first stop was, of course, the playground. I've recently discovered Raileigh is a fan of tunnels. The playground at the rock has quite a few. So, we played in the tunnels for a while.
She's looking out the peep hole in the tunnel
She's trying to show me her hand is dirty
See!


Cute, but dirty tootsiesAfter the playground, we had snack time. Dried apples, goldfish, and ice cold water- yum! We watched a couple having their wedding photos done while we ate.
Weird and gross picture I know... I just wanted you to see her THREE top teeth!!Then off to let Raileigh crawl on the big memorial lawn. Afternoon or morning are great for this because all of the laser show watchers haven't arrived yet and she can crawl all over. She ate some grass, fell over because of the of the incline of the hill, tried to crawl away from mommy, and overall had a great time (as did I). She feel asleep within 5 minutes of being in the car, and didn't even wake up when I took her out of the car when we got home. Guess I wore her out :)

Do you see those curls forming in the back of her hair? Awesome!


I know she looks mad, but she's just focusing on something
I love the last one. It looks like a picture from a stone mountain magazine
ReplyDeleteWow! Aren't you glad you decided to go? So glad you had a great day.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun day! Once kids get a taste for adventure, they start demanding it. Which is great for those of us who have hermit tendencies. :)
ReplyDeleteS
I have always just packed up my babies and gone...day trips, marathon park days, zoo days, letterboxing and field trips. I'm a 'go-er' so it never occurred to me to just stay home! lol!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was released from the hospital with my second, my husband whisked me into the packed car and we headed to the Oregon Coast. I did get some strange looks from grandmother-types as I carried my newborn in a sling around Cannon Beach, but I can't help that. We had a great time and to this day my son, who is now 13, loves to travel and is definitely a beach-person. Go figure!
:-)