Duh, right? Of COURSE she's growing up! But, it just seems to be happening all too fast some days. Yesterday, I was getting something out of the office. Raileigh was playing with her bath toys in her bathroom. She likes to stand outside the tub and play with them. Anyhow, as I was searching for what I needed, I realized I didn't hear her anymore. I looked in the bathroom and living room and didn't see her. Panic moment. I then looked down the stairs and saw her a step away from the bottom! On a good note, she seemed to be doing just fine. She appeared to be maneuvering down the steps quite well (she'd turned around and was sort of backwards crawling down them). I did know this day would come-- I guess I was just naively hoping it wouldn't.
She turned ELEVEN months on Tuesday- only 1 month away from being a year old. Seriously, where is the time going? If I could ever get my stubborn camera to upload my pictures, I have some cute ones of her on her birthday (and other days). When it works, I'll share them. She got her little fingers in the cake again. Darren kept telling me the cake was too close to her, but I kept insisting to move it closer. You'd think I'd know better by now!
She is making all sorts of new sounds now. I don't know what they mean, but I can tell they're different. When she says "dada", she likes to whisper it. She says ball ALL the time. I can tell she has started to try and imitate what we are saying. It's really neat to listen to her. She's not walking yet. I think she's scared to let go. I do hold her hands and let her "walk" to me sometimes, but I'm not pushing her. She'll walk when she's ready. She has learned how to turn the TV on and off and the other day, she turned on the DVD player and took the DVD out. She just really loves pushing buttons.
Tomorrow will be our first non-formula or breastmilk day since, well, ever!! We've been weaning her and we've been on the 75% whole milk/ 25% formula mix for a week, so tomorrow starts only whole milk. I can tell it's a little different for her. We've always served her room temperature milk. Well, whole milk is COLD. It's probably a bit of a shock to her. Also, whole milk is runnier. She's been on the AR formula ever since I had to start supplementing with formula. She was spitty on regular formula. The AR is thicker because it contains rice starch to make it easier to go down. This means the whole milk flows a whole lot faster out of the nipple.
My yard is still blooming. The snapdragons have bloomed these pretty yellow/ pinky-red blooms and some more bright pink ones. I'm also still getting tomatoes- YEAH!! Though, I did notice a bird had pooped ALL over the green tomatoes on the big tomato plant- yuck!
Next week is the big Kidsignments Consignment sale at the fairgrounds. They think they are the largest volume consignment sale in the US. I am volunteering this year. Why? Well, you get to sell if you were on the waiting list (like me). She getting shopping money ($25 for the 1st 3 mandatory shifts and $25 for each additional shift). You get to shop VERY early. There is a sellers preview Monday night, but helpers get to shop Monday morning and afternoon (when is based on how many shifts you're helping at). There is a 50% off sale on Saturday- helpers get to shop 50% off Friday night (though some items sellers have marked with nr- no reduction- and those are no on sale extra). During clean-up, they allow helpers to shop what's left and take away their 30% consign fee. Meaning, if the item is $10 and went 50% off because it had no NR and then you take off the 30%, you'd get the $10 item for $3.50. They also feed you well and provide snacks and drinks between meals. So, lots of good benefits. I'm a new helper, so I can only work up to 4 shifts. I plan on working more at the spring sale. Preview shopping for me is Monday at 1:30pm. I cannot wait! Darren gets to go with me because he is working an overnight Sunday and doesn't have to work on Monday because of it. I've already spied a little pair of white cowgirl boots in Railegh's size that I hope are still there :)
Well, I think the pictures are actually uploading! If so, I'll add them in a little while :)
Gallery.
3 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment