Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Violated

Today has been one of the worst, if not the worst day of my life.

Our house was broken into.

First, let me start by thanking God that Darren had the day off and Raileigh and I were not home. The three of us left around 1030am and returned around 245pm. Raileigh was asleep and Darren carried her into the living room and sat down on the sofa with her. I'd gone straight to the computer to get baking instructions for a cake I was making.

A few minutes later, Darren walked by, into our bedroom, came out and said, "Desi, our house was broken into".

When we'd arrived home, Darren had been the first one in, holding Raileigh. He said the door was not quite shut all the way and unlocked. He said he though we'd just left quickly and not shut it good. I was the last one out and I know for a fact I locked it.

After he laid Raileigh down in her pack-n-play in the living room, he said he heard rain really loudly coming from downstairs. He went down and saw the door had been kicked in. We'd later see they'd tried to use a screwdriver to pry open the door and then resulted to kicking it in- so hard the deadbolt bent. He'd been sitting in the living room and knew the TV, dvd's etc. were still there, so he went through the house to see where the thieves had went.

When he got to our bedroom, he saw all our drawers opened and clothes all over the floor. My jewelry box laid open on the bed, empty. That's when Darren came and told me we'd been broken into.

The jewelry was all they took. It appears they came in the back, went to the bedroom and took the jewelry, and left out the front. Now, I didn't have a ton of nice jewelry. I had on my wedding rings. They took my high school and college class rings, a ring that was my grandmother's and a necklace that was Darren's grandmother's, sapphire earrings, a white gold necklace with a diamond heart, several pieces of costume jewelry, a watch, and the necklace I wore to our wedding. That necklace was the most expensive thing they took, probably valued at a few thousand dollars. It was 24k white gold with a heart pendant. The heart had a large diamond on one side, and a large sapphire on the other. It was a gift for the "something blue".

I can't even begin to describe the horrible things I'm feeling. Violated doesn't even begin to describe it. I can't get past that this person touched my clothes, my underwear, threw things that meant a lot to me on the floor.

I'm scared. I've always been scared of something like this happening ever since we moved to this house. It's not nearby to other houses really. It sits back off the road. I've always said if someone did come in our house and I screamed like crazy, no one would ever hear me. I do know God watches over me and takes care of me. I have no doubt he did today. But, there's just something inside of me that still doesn't feel right. I don't know what the feeling is or how to describe it. I just know it's probably the worst thing I've ever felt.

EDIT: We did report it to the police. They said a detective will case out local pawn shops. We're going to start checking them tomorrow, too, as soon as our door gets fully repaired.

9 comments:

  1. Desi! I am so sorry. That is scary and I will be praying for you absolutely. Please be careful and did you report it to the police? I hope they catch whoever did this, and soon!
    love you...Cort

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, Desi. Please please please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desi, your title captured your experience so well -- it's probably the essence of those indescribable feelings and thoughts. I am so, so sorry. I will certainly be praying for you all as you work through this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awful, infuriating, and frightening! Your home is supposed to be your safe haven. It's going take some time to make it feel safe again. I'm so sorry.

    The Wolf family

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a horrid thing to have happen. I am thankful that you are all okay, but we will be praying for you.
    You need a big, loud dog. :)
    S

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry that this has happened. And losing all that wonderful and meaningful jewelry...what a loss.

    I'm thanking our LORD that you guys weren't anywhere near. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm so sorry, Desi! I can only imagine how you felt. Violated is right. I, too, am thankful you weren't there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I am devastated for you! I hope you are able to get your jewelry back but more importantly I hope you are able to get you peace of mind back. If you ever need anything don't hesitate to call!

    Ally

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Lil Blue Boo?
 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.