Monday, October 5, 2009

I Really Wanted to Write This Last Week...

But, as with just about everything, time got away from me! It's been too long since I posted, so I have about a zillion things to share and pictures to post! I wanted to write this BEFORE we went on vacation, so I didn't have 2 long posts to write when I got back. Since that didn't happen, I'll start with this and then I'll tell you all about vacation in a later post.

Anyhow, Raileigh has been doing amazing drinking her milk from her sippy cup. I've seen with many things, including drinking from her cup, that she likes to do things the easiest and most efficient way possible. She has figured out she doesn't need her hands to hold her cup, just her mouth. So, she either does nothing or plays while she drinks from her cup. She doesn't do this all the time, but most of it she does.




Raileigh took her first trip to the fair! The Gwinnett County Fair was in town for 10 days and it probably rained at least 8 of them. It was in town during all the massive flooding we had and wasn't open at all many nights. We went with my mom, Jesse, and Jesse's boyfriend, Austin (that feels so weird to say- she's only 12!). Anyhow, we didn't ride anything- we just ate and ate while Jesse and Austin rode rides. I am very surprised I didn't get sick from all the yummy goodies I ate! I took her to the 4H petting zoo and we got to see some of the ladies that were my leaders when I was in 4H. Raileigh hated the petting zoo, especially the donkey, so we didn't stay too long there. I tried to take her in the big barn to see all the cows and ginormous pigs, but that was a no-go too. It was a late night, but we had a blast!





We also went on a playdate to Little Mulberry Park with Kadyn and Brandi. I love playdates with them- super relaxing and lots of fun! The park was still a bit soggy from all the rain, but the girls had a good time anyhow. They played on the playground and we did a few laps around the short loop trail. It was a great morning!

The turtle we saw beside the trail





Darren's vacation actually started on Friday, September 25, though we didn't leave to go anywhere until the 30th. It was nice, though. We went to a few places around here to play and we took Raileigh for her first ice cream cone. She got a Bruster's gift card from her Papa and Nana (Darren's dad and step-mother) for her birthday. She's had ice cream before, but never her own cone. I'll just post the pictures- they speak for themselves :)










We also visited the indoor playground at the Mall of Georgia. I can see now that weather has started to cool off, that this place will start getting a lot more crowded. Personally, though, I think the upcoming months are the best ones to be outside!





Because the weather is just AMAZING, we took a picnic dinner to Stone Mountain park and then played on the playground and the huge memorial lawn. I just love the park this time of year! Raileigh has started this new thing and though it frustrates her, it's kind of cute and funny. When she falls, she does not under any circumstances want to touch the ground to stand back up. She kind of sits and whimpers until someone helps her. If she has to touch the ground, once she stands up, she just holds out her hands to show you the dirt/ grass/ whatever it is. It doesn't matter if it's grass, wood chips, sand, dirt, whatever- she doesn't want to touch it!









On the home front, we had this HUGE spider take up residence on the side of the garage door and lay eggs. I am not a spider person in the least tiniest little bit, but this was pretty cool!



Of course, I have been doing a LOT of sewing for Raileigh. I found another great pattern at Lil Blue Boo for these lounge pants from an old t-shirt. So far, I've made Raileigh 3 pairs and have a few more pairs cut out to sew. They make great pajama pants or just hang around the house pants.









I actually made this one a little while back, but I forgot to post any pictures. It's a kimono top that ties on the inside as well as the outside. The shirt is only 3 pieces and then there is all the pink bias tape. I made the bias tape, and that was the most time consuming part. Next time, I am going to make it a little bigger because it's a bit tight through her tummy :)




I also tried my hand at a pillowcase dress. This is my 2nd attempt. The sewing part is fine, I'm just not happy with my measurements. It's a bit tight on her. It's better than my 1st attempt, though- that one wouldn't even go over her head. She'll only wear it during October, so I'm not super concerned, but I will make it bigger for next time.




Lastly, I made 2 new shirred dresses. They are about a zillion times better done than any of the others I have made. I added a band of contrast fabric to the bottom, which I think really adds a lot to the dress as a whole. All of the seams are french seams, which adds a more polished, professional look to the dresses. I think the pink and brown one is my favorite. The fabric had lots of straight lines, so I had to be careful to sew VERY straight when I made it. It turned out just fine and I didn't have to seam rip at all :) Raileigh wore it (the pink and brown one) to Darren's cousin Nick's wedding this past weekend. I see MANY of these dresses in our future. I just love them!







I will leave you with a cute picture. Hope you have a wonderful evening!

2 comments:

  1. I love the ice cream pictures and the owl dress!
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, those little dresses are tooooo cute! Absolutely love them and the lounge pants, too. I checked out that Lil Blue Boo blog - pretty cool find! If only I had found it sooner. I'm sure my 16 yr old will not want to wear anything remotely that cute...lol!

    Love the pics of you, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Lil Blue Boo?
 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.