A week before Halloween, I carved Raileigh a pumpkin. I got one of those pumpkin carving kits and it was awful. The knife bent the first time I stuck it in the pumpkin! And, I kept trying to carve the pumpkin like a stamp and that doesn't work so well. Raileigh had a great time. She really enjoyed eating the raw pumpkin (eeewww!).





Notice all those "bracelets" on her arm? They are little plastic links that hold toys to a car seat or whatever. A month or so ago, she started putting them on as bracelets. Usually, she wears about 10+ at a time ALL the time! Anyhow, we lit the pumpkin the night we carved it and I was pretty happy with the end result!




Halloween morning, we took Raileigh to Michael's Craft Store for a craft activity. She was a little young, but we had a really fun time. She drew a masterpiece and played with some Crayola Model Magic. Then, she got a Halloween pail, a little candy, and balloon to take home. I made her this Halloween dress a while ago and this was the first time she actually wore it... oh well.


Check out what the balloon did to her hair in the car!

Darren had to work Halloween night, but he took a long break and we met up with Lindsey, her boyfriend Justin, and Marlee for a little trick-or-treating. We took Little Red Riding Hood and the Ladybug down Main Street in Loganville and then to Publix. They looked adorable and had fun together. I made Raileigh's dress from the Paper Doll dress pattern by Lil Blue Boo. I made it so she could wear it again after Halloween. The cape is from a very awful Simplicity pattern that I will never use again. Directions were AWFUL to follow and in the end, I quit trying to figure out what they meant and just winged it.




After taking Darren back to work, I picked up Mom and Jesse and we headed to Cory and Diane's for delicious homemade Chili and grilled cheese and more trick-or-treating. Raileigh had such a good time trick-or-treating. Cory, Loretta, and I took turns carrying Raileigh from house to house. When we got her to the door, we'd put her hood on (she didn't like to wear it all the time) and hand her her trick-or-treat basket. When the person came to the door, she'd hold out her basket. It was funny because after a while, she'd start holding out her hand after they'd put candy in her basket and they'd just give her even more candy (as if a baby needs that much candy... guess they just couldn't resist a cute face!). Raileigh especially liked the houses where she could pick out the candy from the bowl all by herself. She frequently picked suckers, which she loved to try and put in her mouth with the wrapper on. We wound up with like 30 suckers! Towards the end of the evening, she was even saying trick-or-treat! :)


All in all, it was a good Halloween. And, I am already excited for next year!






She looked sooo cute! Great costume idea :-)
ReplyDeleteYou sound a little down - I'm hopin' you guys find the stuff that was stolen. :-/